Oct. 12 - 27
Oct. 12 - 27, Weekends
An exhibit of the art of Keith Ferris opens at the Piedmont Center for the Arts on Saturday, October 12 from 4:00 to 6:00 p.m.
Gallery hours are 12:00-3:00 p.m. on weekends through Sunday, October 27.
Additionally, prose and poetry readings will occur on Saturday, October 19 between 12-3 p.m., with readings by Laura Joyce Davis, Roxanne Beth Johnson, and Lia Smith.
Ferris has exhibited at the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art since 1986, and had a solo installation in the café space in 2005. His works are abstract, primarily oil on canvas.
Joining him for the show in Piedmont are poet Roxane Beth Johnson and writers Laura Joyce Davis and Lia Smith. Davis won the 2013 California Writers Exchange Award, and Johnson is winner of the Philip Levine Prize in Poetry from Anhinga Press for her published work, Jubilee (2006). Lia Smith, a novelist and short story writer, currently is collaborating with her artist husband, Keith Ferris, on an art book of portraits of San Francisco Muni operators and riders.
Ferris and friends will have an opening art reception on Saturday, October 12, from 4:00–6:00 p.m., with live jazz, wine, and light refreshments.
• Sunday, October 13, 12-3 p.m.
• Saturday, October 19, 12-3 p.m., with poetry and prose readings by Laura Joyce Davis, Roxane Beth Johnson, and Lia Smith
• Sunday, October 20, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. (Note earlier time)
• Saturday, October 26, 12–3 p.m.
• Sunday, October 27, 12-3 p.m., with live dancing with limited audience participation (Ballroom, Swing, Jazz)